Luxury showrooms in Stockholm – the best you can find At Design Limited Edition we want to show you the best of interior design from around the world. Through our…
10 Contemporary diamond furniture pieces.
It is true that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, at least since 1953 when Marilyn Monroe made this phrase iconic. But what is also true, is that diamonds are no longer only used to decorate the body but as we found, diamonds are increasingly used in modern furniture design. Today we present to you some furniture pieces inspired on diamonds shapes. These contemporary diamond furniture pieces are full of elegance, distinctiveness and panache.
1. This Eichholtz at di Alma gold finished coffee table has effortless glamour which creates a focal point in any room. The golden finished metal frame gives a three dimensional faceted diamond appearance and rests on a weighted white marble base. A clear glass top completes the refined luxury look.
2. A cheeky take on luxury interiors, this gravity-defining statement piece appears to be floating on its point, making it a whimsical addition to any abode. Wavy effect of this coffee table surely impresses with its unique style. Under the coffee cup, beautiful wave appears in smooth appearance. This diamond furniture piece is excellent example of innovative modern design.
3. Karim Rashid has created this contemporary indoor outdoor furniture with contemporary diamond shape and amazing sculptural qualities – the Vertex Collection for Vondom. The design of this table set involves the connection of a series of triangular planes so that surfaces and shapes evolve to accommodate seating and gathering, with architectural flair. This modern diamond furniture pieces are ultra contemporary, visually striking and 100% recyclable.
4. Danish furniture designer Jonas Sondergaard Nielsen has produced the flexible ’tile chair’ through an assemblage of diamond-shaped pieces. This diamond furniture piece p was presented in the greenhouse of the Stockholm furniture fair 2014. The project began through a process of researching a shape that is able to offer a level of flexibility needed to offer optimal comfort and strength. The form is held together using a piece of fabric between the upholstery and the decorative tiles on the backside. This structure gives the chair its unique flexibility and the chair shapes gently to one’s back while sitting on it and naturally follows movements of the body.
5. This another piece of unique luxury diamond furniture called “Bullet table” was created by Alexandra von Furstenberg. Alexandra is American billionaire´s daughter and she began her manufactory with 8-piece collection ranging from side tables to an oversized dining table. The designs were names in honor of their inspiration – Diamonds. This diamond-cut Bullet table consists of clear acrylic panels that reflects and refracts light when you move around them.
6. This Diamond Mirrored Side Table was created by Regina-Andrew Design. This contemporary square table features open-design sides comprising mirrored diamond shapes. It dazzles without being overwhelming.
7. This Plumebanche sofa is made of pure mahogany, which is upholstered with glossy leather. Plumebanche made only 50 of these luxury sofas. This diamond furniture piece is designed in the shape of a diamond, and it also contains diamonds.
8. This elegant Marilyn Sofa designed by Bretz Brothers with bulky CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski elements and original crystals with 18mm diameter size and weight of 15 ct. diamonds. Every single button or crystal is deeply inserted into the cover by skilful chesterfield upholstery.
9. Another standout diamond furniture piece is Boca do Lobo Diamond sideboard, which features a faceted front panel covered in a rich violet and shining gold interior. It is an elaborated contemporary design piece that combines baroque inspired flourishes with faceted and sleek lines. Designed to be the faceted crown jewel to play on company´s reputation as furniture jewelers and justify the title, this opulent object of desire features three highly sculptures doors leading to a gold leaf interior with shelving and two drawers.
10. Another creation of Boca do Lobo Design Studio includes a black diamond inspired safe box in its most exclusive collection so far – the Private Collection. A hyper-luxury safe box with watch winders and humidor wine clock where precious watches, cigars, or even a bottle of finest whisky will find their special place. Inspired by one of Boca do Lobo’s most iconic pieces, Diamond sideboard, this is the perfect large scale diamond for your exclusive walk in luxury closet!