Tonight we will be celebrating the arrival of a new year with new dreams and new projects in mind. It’s a special celebration which deserves only the best and so good champagne is something we simply must have.
Champagne is seen as a luxury icon which was made famous by the French royal family, whose members turned this fine liquor into a symbol of royal status and pride. Some champagnes are so rare and exquisite that they have become collector items.
Champagne is made from grapes which are grown in certain calculated atmospheric conditions. The major Champagne producing area is located in France and is named as the Champagne region. The special varieties of grapes are further fragmented and stored in a bottle so as to give it the carbonation. Generally it is the Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes which are used to produce this amazing drink.
Design Limited Edition brings you a selection of the 10 most expensive champagnes in the world.
10. Bollinger Blanc De Noirs Vieilles Vignes Francaises –$650
9. Krug Clos Du Mesnil – $750
8. Dom Perignon – $1,950
7. The Krug Clos d’Ambonnay – $3,500
6. Perrier- Jouet Champagne – $6,485
5. The Champagne Cristal Brut 1990 – $17,625
4. Krug 1928 – $21,000
3. Dom Perignon White Gold Jeroboam – $40,000
2. Pernod Ricard Perrier Jouet – $50,000
1. Shipwrecked 1907 Heidseick – $275,000
Shipwrecked 1907 Heidseick is a vintage champagne which was discovered in the year 1997. It was preserved at the bottom of the ocean for almost 100 years.
If you liked this article, you might also want to read The World’s Most Luxurious Cruises.